** The Music and Science list is managed by the Institute of Musical Research (www.music.sas.ac.uk) as a bulletin board and discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. **

MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

CALL FOR PAPERS

LONDON INTERNATIONAL PIANO SYMPOSIUM

08 - 10 February 2013
Royal College of Music, London, UK.

www.londoninternationalpianosymposium.co.uk

The first London International Piano Symposium will be hosted at the Royal College of Music 08-10 February, 2013.  In this first of three symposia, we are keen to encourage submissions which reflect an interdisciplinary exchange of views on piano performance from across the arts and sciences.

We invite submissions which present original research on: evidence-based directives to enhance modern piano performance practice, scientific models of performance which will reflect the broad range of recent research in performance science, such as neuroscience, human movement sciences, and psychology, and research into inspirational performers and teachers past and present.

KEY DATES

01 July 2012: Paper/poster abstract submission deadline
01 September 2012: Notification of submission decision
 01 October 2012: End of early registration
01 November 2012: Deadline for papers
08 February 2013: Start of LIPS 2013

 SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are invited for

- Spoken papers
- Poster presentations

Abstracts should be between 250-300 words and give background, aims, main contribution and 5 keywords.
All other information is available via the website: www.londoninternationalpianosymposium.co.uk.  Submissions should be made electronically to [log in to unmask] by 1st July 2012.

Cristine MacKie
Chief Executive Director
London International Piano Symposium