-----"A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research." <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----
To: [log in to unmask]
From: "Sandall, Jane"
Sent by: "A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research."
Date: 03/04/2012 03:31AM
Subject: RCM Research Strategy Group - Invitation to apply UK only - deadline 14th March 2012

Dear Jane,

We would appreciate it if you could circulate this through your midwifery networks to interested colleagues.

Many thanks,

Sue Macdonald
Education & Research Manager
Lead Midwife for Education
Learning, Research and Practice Development Department International Office
The Royal College of Midwives
15 Mansfield Street
London WIG 9NH
Tel 020 7312 3468  FAX 0207 312 3461
Email [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleague,
In 2009 the Royal College of Midwives committed to a process of organisational development that was based on sound knowledge and evidence.  In step with that vision and following the launch of the RCM&#8217;s R&D Action Plan (2011), I am now delighted to invite members of the RCM to submit a short CV and Expression of Interest to serve on:
The RCM&#8217;s Research Standing Group (RSG)
As the group responsible for the implementation of the overall action plan, the aim of the RSG is to act as a collective and authoritative voice on research and development within midwifery; informing policy and practice across midwifery and maternity services within the four countries of the UK.
Recruitment to the group will include:
-                    5 midwifery researchers who are actively engaged in midwifery/maternity service/perinatal  research (including one early career researcher)
-                    1 Director/Head of Midwifery
-                    1 Midwife Educationalist
-                    1 Consultant Midwife
-                    1 Practising Midwife
-                    1 Research Midwife

If you are currently in any of the above roles and would like to be considered to serve on this group, please complete and return the attached Expression of Interest and short CV to [log in to unmask] by 12 noon on Wednesday 14th March 2012.  The first meeting will be on Thursday 26th April 2012.
Further information outlining the Terms of Reference of the RSG, Definitions of the Roles listed above and the RCM&#8217;s Research and Development Action Plan (2011) can be found at www.rcm.org.uk.
Please send expressions of interest with the required documentation to [log in to unmask] by 12 noon on Wednesday 14th March 2012.

[attachment "2. Proforma for application.doc" removed by Billie Hunter/wnsbh3/CardiffUniversity]
[attachment "3. RSG Short application CV.doc" removed by Billie Hunter/wnsbh3/CardiffUniversity]
[attachment "5. RCM RSG Terms of Reference.doc" removed by Billie Hunter/wnsbh3/CardiffUniversity]
[attachment "4._RCM_RSG_Definition_of_roles.doc" removed by Billie Hunter/wnsbh3/CardiffUniversity]