From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Subject: Linking People in Midwifery education
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Sarah

I am more than elated at your prompt response. This fans my zest for this
profession of midwifery. For the past 5 years of professional experience
in teaching and research we have encountered evidences that showed that
increased maternal and infant mortality occurred mostly at birth due to
inexperienced or inadequate midwives or midwifery skills respectively.
Recently our Institution adopted the WHO recommended curriculum for
midwifery education which is a 40 weeks program post a 2-year nursing
education.
As an institution we believe that institutions of health are erected to
address and solve societal health problems. To this we run a clinic that
serves as a community communicable disease control center with a
breastfeeding research and advocacy center the only of its kind in
Cameroon. In a few months from now we shall be embarking on community
research on:
1. Community based peer counselor training to increase exclusive
breastfeeding rates
2. Prevention of postpartum hemorrhage in home deliveries by Traditional
birth attendants
If there are possible institutional collaborators and funders of these
projects we will be glad you link us to them.
We shall also be very glad if you can connect us to volunteer midwives
with both teaching and clinical skills, who are willing to come spend some
time with our institution and experience a newness a experience.
I can without slandering say that health education and research have been
left into the hands of politicians and you know the consequence. we have
decided to bait the sail.

Best regards

Ngala Elvis Mbiydzenyuy  MAPS, MWASP
Director Institute of Science Technology
Breastfeeding Research and Advocacy Center, Cameroon
P.O Box 4088 Bamenda
Cameroon
Tel: 237 99 13 84 44
E-mail: [log in to unmask]