Two weeks left to go and places are filling up fast…!

Do you ever feel that you need a bit of extra help to get through your week?

·         Loads of extra ideas to breathe new life into your teaching?

·         An update on everything that’s going on nationally, to help you keep up with it all?

·         A chance to get some help and advice from others in a similar situation as you?

·         An opportunity to play with all the latest language gadgets and resources?

·         Training created just for teachers, by teachers from all over the UK?

We know just the thing…

Language World 2012 <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/events/language_world/language_world_2012>

University of Manchester, 30 - 31 March 2012.

We’ve got a great programme:

 <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/uploads/files/Language%20World%202012/LW2012%20Friday%20Programme.pdf> Friday highlights:

Giving languages the ‘X’ Factor: competitions to support languages learning, Rachel Hawkes

Multi-lingual language awareness in primary schools,

Peter Downes, Amanda Barton and Joan Dickie

Developing your students as Global Citizens, Vicky Gough, from the British Council

Future perfect? A debate on the challenges ahead for languages education,

Rosie Goldsmith, Larry Lamb, David Kennedy, Lizzie Fane & David Smith

 <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/uploads/files/Language%20World%202012/LW2012%20Saturday%20Programme.pdf> Saturday highlights:

World Languages, David Peck

Language learning with sports stars, Sarah Bromley, BBC

Mixed ability AND mixed experience classes: mission impossible? Eva Lamb

Technology transforming tomorrow, Steven Fawkes, Helen Myers, and Joe Dale

…and our Show & Tell workshops, for teachers to present and share their ideas.

A great exhibition:

Packed with all the best publishers, software companies, training providers and educational suppliers <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/events/language_world/language_world_2012/language_world_2012_exhibition> , with all the latest resources, services and equipment.

And some great events alongside the conference:

Including our Language World exhibition reception, sponsored by Pearson <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/corporate?p=8>  (and free to all exhibition visitors), and the annual Language World dinner, sponsored by Sanako <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/corporate?p=8> . Find out more on our website <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/events/language_world/language_world_2012/extra_events> .

The only thing missing is you!

Booking: Places are filling up fast, so don’t delay: download a booking form <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/uploads/files/Language%20World%202012/PDF%20Booking%20Form.pdf>  and send it through to us as soon as you can.

Accommodation: If you need assistance finding hotel accommodation in Manchester, please email Ruth Thompson <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  at our partner organisation Conference Search, who can arrange this for you.

Venue: We will be at the University of Manchester, Sackville Street Campus, M1 3BB. For more details, visit our website <http://www.all-languages.org.uk/events/language_world/language_world_2012/language_world_2012_venue> .

ALL: The Association for Language Learning is a small educational charity, with no financial support from the Government, and Language World is our annual conference. We are a non-profit making organisation – your delegate fees are spent on creating a fantastic conference for language teachers in the UK.

Be part of your subject community, and contribute to the future of language teaching and learning!

ALL together now!

ALL is run by teachers and other professionals actively involved in language learning and teaching. Membership of ALL gives support from like-minded people, keeps you up to date with the issues that matter to you, and offers a range of fascinating (and fun) opportunities to develop your skills and your career. We are completely independent of the government – an organisation of language teachers, here to represent and support language teachers. Why not join us today?

For more information about the best membership package for you, visit our website:

www.all-languages.org.uk/join/join_us; or contact:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (0116 229 7600).

Association for Language Learning, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester   LE1 7RH

0116 229 7600

FB

 <http://www.facebook.com/alllanguages.org.uk> www.facebook.com/alllanguages.org.uk

0116 223 1488