Dear Katie,

My school has a teacher from China this year through the British Council CLA scheme. Her school in China and mine in Wales would like to apply for a project grant  as we have been working together this year and create a new link/new project.  The trouble is that the Chinese school had a link with a school in England through the Connecting Classroom scheme.  That link has come to an end.  In the guidance notes, we read that priority would be given to school who've not received the funding before so we were wondering is it worth our while putting an application in?

Lisa Williams (Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni school)

From: Katie Blunden <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 16:05
Subject: Funding opportunities for China partnerships

Funding opportunities for China partnerships
Only two weeks left to apply for China partnership funding
There are just two weeks left to apply for one of the British Council’s new China partnership grants through the Connecting Classrooms programme.  If your school is in a partnership with China, make sure your pupils don’t miss out and start your application now.
Application deadline:  31 March 2012
Visit Grants
Build your relationship and develop your partnership with a funded visit.
Project Grants
Work with your partner on a curriculum-based project with funding for travel and project costs.
Better Community, Better Life Grants
Work with your partner on a community-themed art project.  Use our project guidance and get funding for travel and project costs.
Who can apply
    • UK schools in a cluster or group partnership with Chinese schools (any Grant)
    • UK schools with a one-to-one partnership with a Chinese school (Project Grants only)

Customer Services Manager
Connecting Classrooms
British Council
10 Spring Gardens
London, SW1A 2BN
T +44 (0)20 7389 4091
F +44 (0) 20 7389 4426

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are a registered charity; 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.