I am currently doing research for a Hong Kong based publisher interested in compiling a list of schools in Britain where Mandarin Chinese is taught at primary and secondary level. This is intended to help families that are re-locating, or sending their children to the UK to study, find schools that will support their Mandarin studies. So far I am asking schools on an individual basis what they do (and finding a vast range of responses, from "No, we only do Latin", to "No room in the curriculum", to schools offering everything from prep to A level). I wondered if the members of this forum might be able to help me - do you know of a central list of schools, including Community Schools? Or would you mind giving me details of schools you know of that teach Mandarin? Or do you know of someone that has done something similar recently that might be able to help me?
with thanks
Viv