From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching on behalf of Josh Ma
Sent: Fri 2012-3-23 13:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Praise Phrases

Hahahaha...

From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Hunt
Sent: 23 March 2012 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]

Please remove me from this forum.

Andrew Hunt

Head of Modern Languages

Whitgift School

From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of juan cole
Sent: 23 March 2012 12:51
To: [log in to unmask]

I totally agree!  My pupils also like "Top" with thumbs up.  A round of applause works wonder too!

Juan Cole

PGCE Mandarin with EAL (2011-2012)

Institute of Education

London, UK

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Pan, Xiu Hua (OXF) Staff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I think that every one likes to be praised, especially your students. (Buguan ni xinbuxin, fanzheng wo xin!). Try to use these 'Pai ma pi' phrases, a few weeks later, you will see your students have done what you expected, particularly the weak ones.

Say: "You're Wonderful";   "Awesome"; "That's The Best"; "I Knew You Could Do It". This will cost you nothing.

Regards

X. Pan

Mandarin Chinese Teacher

Oxford High School

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or distribution is
prohibited and may be unlawful. You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls Day School Trust for any loss or damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No. 6400
Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 100 Rochester Row, London SW1P 1JP

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email or ring 020 8688 9222 and ask for the sender.
Whitgift School have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this email has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Thank you for your co-operation.
Whitgift School is a member of The Whitgift Foundation, a registered charity. The Whitgift Foundation, North End, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1SS Tel: 020 8680 8499 Fax: 020 8681 2553