Ian,

To just pick up on the 'profile form' issues you raise, there is a logic behind this which is actually driven by customer requirements.

Because we tie into your local authentication systems, we aren't released a lot of the basic personal information about individual users - we literally have only a persistantID (used in the authentication) and an email. However, customers have been asking for a long time for features such as tie a list owner to a list, search by academic, tie a user to an acquisition review. These sort of features aren't possible without basic profile details.

For this reason, we introduced the profile page about 3-4 months so that we could begin to capture this info, thus enabling us to consider some of these features. And if you take a look at the In Progress board, you'll see the results of this process - http://community.talisaspire.com/inprogress - Assign a list owner is currently in progress, and both search on list owner and assign user to an acquisition review are now on the stack waiting to be picked up!

Other profile information (such as how you describe yourself, and your discipline) also open the door a bit further for us to consider other customer ideas, things like reporting and notifications.

I hope that provides a bit of context which may make it seem a bit less painful, and be able to shape an explanation to academics questioning the need.

All the best
Ian