Hello Ian,

I do not think that our academic is going to an institution where Talis Aspire is being used.  He would have mentioned it otherwise.

Thank you.

Mehves

Mehveş Kayani-Hogan

Reading Lists Project Officer

Main Library
Queen Mary University of London
327 Mile End Road
London E1 4NS

Email:    [log in to unmask]
Phone:  +44 20 7882 7291

Fax:      +44 20 8981 0028

>>> "Ian Corns (Talis)" <[log in to unmask]> 07/03/2012 18:34 >>>
Hi,

Think thats a good immediate solution Annette. Thanks. There has also been some early labs stuff around tidying print formats the guys have been looking into, so this may only improve in future.

However, Meheves, would be worth raising your original comment on ideas to make a list fully portable between institutions. A lot of the URLs are not hardcoded (to the library cat, OpenURLs, etc) but generated at runtime so I could imagine an export/import format that would let the academic load there list at their new institution where we could re-tie up to the new library system on import using something similar to our data conversion logic. And preserve the appropriate structure too.

Anyhow, certainly worth raising on ideas!

Ian