Dear Annette,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  Yes, it is a solution to a
certain extent but, as you say, it does not contain the full
bibliography thus not satisfying our academic.  This Talis idea would be
a solution for him, I suppose, but I do not think it is going to be
implemented by the end of this month when our academic is leaving:
"Export list as printable document (e.g. txt, rtf, doc, pdf)
From an academic ...
At the risk of becoming unpopular...I would like to be able to use the
online reading list to populate a module handbook - but this new version
does not have an easily copyable format.
31 votes  Ian Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis Aspire) (
http://ideas.talisaspire.com/users/1471766-ian-corns-talis- ) shared
this idea  ·  December 04, 2009 under review"

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Mehves

Mehveş Kayani-Hogan

Reading Lists Project Officer
Main Library
Queen Mary University of London
327 Mile End Road
London E1 4NS

Email:    [log in to unmask]
Phone:  +44 20 7882 7291
Fax:      +44 20 8981 0028
>>> Annette Moore <[log in to unmask]> 07/03/2012 16:25 >>>
Dear Mehves

It sounds too simple, but what about copy and paste to a word doc? This
maintains the structure of the list with the different sections, the
main item details (although not the full bibliographic detail), and
anything in the note field. Initially it also maintains the links to the
item on the Aspire reading list. If an academic is leaving the
institution then these links to the catalogue and e-resources would have
to be re-created anyway at the new institution. Attaching a copy and
paste to word from one of our lists 'Civil War America'
http://liblists.sussex.ac.uk/lists/74CF2E0E-5890-C225-C94B-715723DECB0D.html
 - with nothing tidied up or re-formatted.

Annette

Annette Moore

Technical Services Librarian

Library Building