From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diana Nutting
Sent: 19 March 2012 12:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IT in the library

I found this question a little depressing. When I was a young librarian we helped people use photocopiers and microfilm readers. Of course it's part of the job. The job is to facilitate access information which is in the public domain in whatever form it happens to occur. And a useful spin off is that such helpfulness will encourage people to be positive about the necessity for libraries, which at present is absolutely key.