*** Apologies for Receipt of non-Duplicate Postings ***

Hi  /Chris

Here at Birmingham City University, we don't have any particular solution in place, largely because configuring kiosk solutions and or signing in folk via stand-alone PC's is too resource intensive. Currently anyone who has a network id not associated with either our student records system or our staff intranet phone directory (for example a temporary id) could access those of our resources that we don't put through AthensDA/our university portal iCity -  but only for the duration of that network id and only whilst they are physically on campus.

Although not all of our resources are licensed through JISC, we rely on the walk-in user clause (that seems to be common with other publisher) licenses, and that fact that whilst they have a network user id they are traceable in case of any breaches of license.

We are currently looking at EZProxy in connection with Summon implementation so we may have to review these arrangements.

Many thanks
/Mark

Mark Brown
Electronic Services Librarian
eLibrary Team
Library and Learning Resources
Birmingham City University
0121 331 5291

Electronic Services
http://library.bcu.ac.uk/
Troubleshooting Form
http://library.bcu.ac.uk/trouble.htm
Electronic Resources Blog
http://eresource.wordpress.com/
eLibrary Team blog
http://blogs.test.bcu.ac.uk/elibrary/

http://www.twitter.com/mcbjazz

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not really trying!"
-Coleman Hawkins