Thanks for all the responses.  Ebsco have said they will provide me with
more information about this and we'll look at our options.  It's
interesting to hear that the change is in response to publishers not
allowing intermediaries to host  their content.  We still prefer the common
interface which EJS has provided but I suppose publishers want to increase
their visibility.

We've made manual changes to holdings on A-to-Z so we now need to decide
whether it is worth spending time amending these or whether we should just
remove the EJS link.    Some of our users  find it confusing to have
multiple links to the same content and so having routes to both EJS and
publishers' sites is causing some problems but we'll have to balance this
against the benefits of the simpler EJS interface.

Thanks
Janet

--
Janet Frost