Hello everyone,

Following on from the success of last year’s London LibTeachMeet, we are now organising London LibTeachMeet 2012.

The theme for this year is: Supporting Diverse Learners

What happens?

LibTeachMeets are gatherings where librarians share teaching ideas through 2 or 5 minute presentations.  We share and discuss ideas over drinks and cakes in between the sessions.

It is also a great opportunity to meet new people and share experiences and get advice.

Presentations will be about ways of teaching or technology used to support ‘diverse learners’.  Diverse learners is taken to include learners who may be new, dyslexic, mature, international, autistic, part-time, have a learning/physical difficulty or uses English as a further language, distance learners, e-learners – anyone outside your “usual” teaching group.

The only rules we have is that presentations mustn’t be trying to sell us anything, and that they must stick to the timeslot!

Who?
Everyone is welcome to attend: whatever sector, whatever job title.

When and Where?
Monday 14th May 2012 6.00 - 9.00pm
Haldane Room of the Wilkins Building of UCL
WC1E 6BT (see map)
The closest tube station is Euston Square

Registration
We are currently taking bookings for speakers; spaces for attendees will open soon.
Please go to http://ldnlibtmeet.eventbrite.co.uk to register
.

E-mail us if you are interested in attending or want to find out more information at [log in to unmask]. More information is available at http://www.ldnlibtm.info/2012/03/

Follow us on Twitter: @ldnlibtm
If you’d like to discuss the London LibTeachMeet on Twitter, we suggest you use the hashtag #ldnlibtm

Thanks,

Sian Aynsley
Information Skills Trainer
South London Healthcare NHS Trust
Healthcare Library
Queen Elizabeth, Woolwich
Stadium Road
LONDON
SE18 4QH
Tel: 0208 836 6742
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://fec.slh.nhs.uk/library
Twitter: @SLHTLibrary

"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." - Neil Gaiman

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail