From: learning development in higher education network on behalf of norman jackson
Sent: Fri 23/03/2012 11:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LD...not just for students

I have also been infected by the spirit of the discussion. Having retired from full time employment last March, like Colin I can definitely say that life holds lots of new potential. Since 'retiring' I have been trying to establish a community interested in the idea of lifewide learning and education.  One of our aims is to create a learning partnership scheme to support people who are developing themselves through their own experiences and I recently posted an invitation to the community to share their views on what this might look like. So I suppose I'm saying that once you are supporter of other people's development its hard to stop and I would be very interested in working with any members of this community to explore how our scheme might support people in developing themselves and achieving the things they value during what Jane Fonda calls - our third age.

best wishes
norman

http://lifewideeducation.co.uk/