Dear Colleagues,

As co-editors for Volume 4 of the peer-reviewed, digital journal, California Italian Studies, we extend this call for submissions.

Volume 4 of CIS, which is slated for 2013, will include both an open-topic issue and  themed issue. The themed issue for Volume 4 will be on  "Italian Sound" in the broadest sense.

Please see the attached link to visit our journal site and for further information on the submission process and criteria. CIS aims for content of the highest caliber; the first two volumes (on Italy in the Mediterranean and on Italian Futures, respectively) have been accessed an impressive number of times and continue to draw readers.  Volume 3, on Naples, is now in editorial process.

The timeline for volume 4 calls for submissions by February 2013, with the volume appearing by the end of that year. Early submissions are welcome!

Here's the link: http://escholarship.org/uc/ismrg_cisj

With best wishes,

Arielle Saiber, Bowdoin College
Deanna Shemek, University of California, Santa Cruz
Mary Ann Smart, University of California, Berkeley

Deanna Shemek
Professor of Literature
Director, Italian Studies Program

Mail: Cowell College ASC
University of California, Santa Cruz
1156 High Street, Santa Cruz CA 95064
Tel. 831/459-2609 (messages)
Fax 831/459-4880

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html