From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Schofield
Sent: 16 March 2012 15:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archaeological Investigations on the Queen's Estates

Dear all

My turn for a Friday afternoon question. I am writing something to mark the Queen's Jubilee (a sort of Archaeology of the Second Elizabethan Age).
There are various facets to this, one of which you may be able to help with. I'd like to focus on one or two projects or excavations that have taken place over the past 60 years on the Queen's Estates (mainly Windsor, Sandringham, Balmoral and even Buckingham Palace). I know about the Time Team stuff, but are there any other good examples of archaeology on the Queen's Estate - just pointers for now. I may follow up any promising leads!

With thanks.

John

--
Dr JOHN SCHOFIELD MIfA FSA
Director of Studies, CHM

Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology/staff/academic-staff/john-schofield/
DISCLAIMER: http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think. http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/