Dear colleague,

We would like to tell you about a research project looking at the information needs of public health practitioners which the National Heart Forum (NHF) has carried out in collaboration with the Public Health England Transition Team, which may be of interest to you.

This research was carried out between December 2011 and March 2012, and consisted of 2 stages: an online survey, and a series of one-to-one interviews. The online survey asked participants about the kind of information they use, how they use it, and what difficulties they experience with information use and sources. The face to face interviews took a more detailed look at 7 of the participants in the original survey, asking questions about their role in public health and creating information profiles for these practitioners based on some of the specific instances where they have needed to find information to answer a question or complete a piece of work.

Data from both stages have now been analysed and published in report form, and are available to download from the NHF website: http://www.heartforum.org.uk/our-work/information-services/our-research/

Part 1: Online survey – report and analysis of results http://www.heartforum.org.uk/our-work/information-services/our-research/

Part 2: Interviews – report, analysis of results and information profiles http://nhfshare.heartforum.org.uk/RMAssets/NHFreports/Full_report_pt2.pdf

The report findings will be used by the Information & Intelligence (I&I) Transition Team in building the new Public Health England (PHE) portal. The portal will meet the needs of a variety of professionals and members of the public, from informing commissioning of healthcare services, to planning long-term approaches, to supporting the transparency agenda by providing benchmarking information about how successfully different organisations are tackling the challenges to health in their local areas.

We will continue to perform analysis of the data we have gathered during this project, and other ones, to aid us in finding solutions to gaps in delivering quality information rapidly to public health practitioners at the point of need.

If you have any questions about this project, please contact a member of the NHF Information Services team. Please feel free to circulate this email to any colleagues who might be interested in this research.

Kind regards

Jenni

Jennifer Ford

Information Manager

National Heart Forum | Victoria House | 7th Floor | Southampton Row | London, WC1B 4AD | UK

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7831 7420 | DDI: + 44 (0) 20 3077 5959.  | Registered Charity No. 803286 | VAT No. 869 8720 57

Description: Description: Description: NHF logo JPEG.jpgDescription: Description: Description: official olc-logoDescription: Description: Description: PANacea Logo Signature     Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image005.jpg@01CC73C4.2CD23660

Disclaimer:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the National Heart Forum. Finally, whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, the recipient should still check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The National Heart Forum accepts no liability for any damage caused by a virus transmitted by this email.