Sounds a bit like Google: “to enhance your customer experience in advertising, we are tearing up all the privacy agreements previously applying and in addition amalgamating all your accounts in all our different services (I didn’t know Facebook and YouTube were Google services..) into one customer profile”.

What are the benefits expected?

Has the LMC been involved and if they have, has the business case been deemed acceptable – or even useful?

Looking at the website given, all I can see is an advertisement with little or no detail: however, there do appear to be a number of different services listed: so which of these does your PCT want you to install, what will the effects be on your own ability to control your own desktop or server, what information will the new service be able to extract, who will decide what to extract (*YOU* are the Data Controller – remember the GP being held responsible for information held on a server being removed for destruction by the PCT and stolen from the PCT vehicle in the car park?) and what will be done with the information.

I agree with other comments – very risky to install software like this – and if it *is* the PCT - are they conniving in potential breaches of the ITK and DPA?

Mary Hawking
"thinking - independent thinking - is to humans as swimming is to cats: we can do it if we really have to."  Mark Earles on Radio 4.

 don't forget patients like Fred! http://primaryhealthinfo.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/fred-and-his-dog-an-update/

Primary Health Info 2012

23rd – 25th April 2012, Chesford Grange Warwickshire

'Using IT and Information to Deliver Transformational Change'

www.primaryhealthinfo.org

I'll be there - will you?