Dear members,
  Hydrocarbon formation can give us very important information about forces responsible for the motion of plates and earth formation also.so we should observe it minutely .
   there are sufficient evidence by the Russians that petroleum has deep origin but unfortunately they have manipulated it with abiogenic origin . they have ignored the strong evidence of its biogenic origin . while we have strong chemical evidence of its link with living organism(we have observe spores,porphyrins......etc ) and can not be ignored.
 2. we are getting oil near the sediments.
  there is no need to manipulate it with abiogenic origin while we have of its deep origin also and they have been ignored by the scientific community.instead of manipulating it with abiogenic origin while deep origin also they have to observe the basic reason that why it has biogenic origin  while having it has deep origin  also.
   this can be both and can give us a very very important information about the earth formation and at the end forces responsible for the motion of plates.

regs
 KARAN