Apologies for cross posting

We like to draw your attention and invite your contributions to the session 3c of the European Mineralogical Conference (EMC2012), which takes place in Frankfurt, 2 to 6 September 2012 (http://emc2012.uni-frankfurt.de)

Session 3c: Modelling phase equilibria in metamorphism

Convenors: James Conolly (ETH Zürich, Switzerland) and Stefano Poli (Milano, Italy)

Our knowledge of processes governing the evolution of the lithosphere heavily relies on modelling of phase equilibria in metamorphism. This session aims to bring together geochemists, geophysicists, petrologists, and experimentalists to discuss the advancement of methods in estimating environmental variables (pressure, temperature, chemical potentials, such as redox conditions) and their evolution with time, the quantitative modelling of microstructures, and the applications on natural case histories to provide a robust framework for the understanding of metamorphism. We welcome contributions from experimental, field, and computational studies to promote an interdisciplinary approach to modelling natural complexity.

Keynotes:
Rainer Abart (Wien) and Olivier Vidal (Grenoble)

The session is sponsored by EMU. A grant will be awarded to a young contributor.

The abstract deadline is May 15, 2012.

We look forward to seeing you in Frankfurt!

--
Stefano Poli
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra