Hi
Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'll try:
A more direct way of calculating the number of xing fibres in FDT is using mean_f2samples and some level of threshold.
E.g.: fslstats mean_f2samples -l 0.05 -V

If you have two such images from two processing pipelines, you can calculate their differences and/or overlap using fslmaths.

Cheers
Saad