I did 3 repetitions of the phasemap scans on the phantom, the difference in phasemap at the same echo time between scan 2 and scan1 is slightly different from the difference in phasemap at the same echo time between scan 3 and scan 2. Most voxels are more negative in scan2-1, compared to scan3-2.
Resultant fieldmaps from each scan are also slightly different.

Thanks for all your replies so far!

Binu

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Jenkinson
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Phasemap for distortion correction

Hi,

It's hard to say whether the differences are important or not.  You expect some differences
due to noise, and some scanners have some B0/shim drift.  The question is whether the
phase difference is reliable and repeatable or not, as that is all you care about for getting a
fieldmap.

All the best,
            Mark