Maybe you have an image called "0" in your working directory.
Cheers, Steve.

On 28 Mar 2012, at 13:34, Matthew Webster wrote:

Hi,
    This seems quite unusual - the same sequence works on test data here:

fslmaths test.nii.gz -thr 0 -bin output

What version of FSL are you using - does this problem occur for any input file or just stats.nii?

Many Regards

Matthew

Dear all,

I have a stats image (containing floats mostly between -.01 and +.01)  that I tried to split into a positive part and a positive part.

The command that I had in mind for positive was
$ fslmaths stats.nii -thr 0 -bin stats_pos

To my surprise fslmaths does not return an image!

It turns out that both
$ fslmaths stats.nii -thr 0 stats_pos
and
$ fslmaths stats.nii -bin stats_pos
do return images, but the combination doesn't...

Anyone have any idea why it skips creating the file? There is no error message.

bw
AM

PS it turns out that for positive stats it is enough to just do -bin (that only keeps >0 voxels)
   still curious though if -thr 0 in combination with other options does not return a file

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve