Hello list,

I really appreciated the recent appearance of "condor" in NeuroDebian. Thanks for that!

In my case, however, condor doesn't seem to accept randomise_parallel calls. Everything installed ok under Ubuntu 10.04.4 "Lucid Lynx" (fresh install - 11.04 and 12.04beta did not work, Linux Mint Debian Edition neither, surprisingly). When idle, condor_status correctly indicates eight queues, all of them unclaimed. However, after starting a randomise_parallel call, nothing really happens. condor_q / condor_status show an empty pipeline and three "held" jobs. And that's where I am stuck. Any ideas? Is this particular to randomise_parallel? I did not test other multi-threaded jobs, yet.

In a similar vein: when running a lengthy randomise_parallel job on an SGE grid engine, there are regular crashes of a whole batch of jobs (i.e., all cores quit their current seed job simultaneously), after which SGE continues with the next batch of jobs. Obviously, randomise_parallel is not able to stitch together those fragmented chunks after that. There are no error messages, randomise simply stops before reaching the final number of permutations. Sometimes there is a core dump. gdb indicates that it is "fslmaths" leaving the core dump behind. Did anyone else experience this sort of behavior, recently?

Thanks for any input,
Cornelius