The -noest option in film_gls turns OFF the prewhitening (in which case
the "-sa -ms 5" arguments are irrelevant and superfluous).  The Thousand
Functional Connectomes command that you mentioned could have generated
basically identical residuals (up to a small difference in the size of
the mask) using:

fsl_glm -i input_data -m mask -d design.mat --demean --out_res=res4d

cheers,
-MH