Hi,

Just to clarify this - there is no reason to believe that sinc is any
more or less artefactual that spline.  Both create ringing in the
output image, and small sinc windows will have less ringing
than spline.  One big advantage of spline is that it is a lot faster
than sinc (and is effectively a close approximation).

Related to the post before - I think that zeroing the negative
values introduced via ringing is probably a good alternative
to using abs.

All the best,
	Mark