Hi Kate

We allow 1 free re-sit for 16-18 olds for everything except the Hairdressing and Plumbing as we do not get charged from the awarding body for these.  For any subsequent resits we now bill the department.  :)

Regards
Nancy

Sent: 28 March 2012 14:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re-sit Policy [Spam score: 8]

Does anyone else charge their students for re-sitting exams?

We allow students 1 free re-sit per module and then charge them for every subsequent re-sit (whether it be GCE/GCSE/Functional Skills etc etc).  For Hairdressing and Plumbing we allow them an extra re-sit per unit as they have so many online tests to sit.

Our Dept Heads think the Exams Team are being "unfair" to do this even though it's college policy.  They claim if the students have to pay for what is in effect a 3rd go at an exam they won't be motivated to pass it.  If they haven't been motivated to pass it the first 2 times then surely there's no hope!!

What do other people do?

Kate

Kate Oliver
Examinations Manager
West Thames College
Tel:   020 8326 2298
Fax:  020 8326 2001

* * * *Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message* * * *

If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such cases, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
West Thames College can be contacted on 0208 326 2000 (reception), 0208 326 2326 (IT Helpdesk), [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and www.west-thames.ac.uk<http://www.west-thames.ac.uk>

Email the way you want it - scanned for viruses and unwanted content by the Email Protection Agency<http://www.epagency.net/email_filtering_services.htm>
To see how this service works click here<http://www.epagency.net/online_demo.htm>

Our new ?3.9million Higher Education & Conference Centre is now open, providing outstanding teaching, learning and event facilities. Visit our website for more details: www.cleveland.ac.uk