Dear Colleague,

The Psychology Department at the University of South Carolina is pleased
to announce an NSF funded Summer Research Education for Undergraduates
program, /Summer Research Experience in Brain and Cognitive Sciences/
(SREBCS). Each summer this program will provideten undergraduate
students the opportunity to engage in research seminars, laboratory
exercises, and one-on-one laboratory projects in the exciting and fast
growing field of brain and cognitive sciences. The SREBCS builds on the
resounding success that our previous summer program experienced across
its 17 years of funding.  An innovative feature of the SREBCS is the
inclusion of a weekly group laboratory that will provide students with a
diverse set of hands-on experiences of the methods used in brain and
cognitive sciences, such as EEG, MRI and fMRI. In addition, students
will discuss implications of research presented by the faculty and
engage in research projects within a faculty mentor's laboratory.

The application deadline for this year's program is March 28, 2012.  The
program description and application materials are posted on our website:

http://www.psych.sc.edu/srebcs/

We very much appreciate your encouraging interested and qualified
students to apply. The SREBCS is committed to providing opportunities to
under-represented groups within the Brain and Cognitive Sciences.

Co-Directors:
Doug Wedell & Jennifer Vendemia

--
John M. Henderson, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Professor