In the exercise field, it is common to measure muscle size using magnetic resonance imaging or computerised tomography. And the results are given in cm or cm square. And if the results are statistically significant, then everything is good.

My question is how do you assess the clinical significance of the results when it is given as a reading from an MRI. The difference may be so small to even see with a tape measure or see with an increase in lean body mass.

Can we call this measurement a surrogate measure?

Thanks for all the help. This forum has been so valuable and all the members seems to be really helpful and polite. Wish I had one of you as my professors.