Thanks for your email Fatima.  All UK academic posts are advertised on the web, and that is where you need to look.  Check www.jobs.ac.uk and see what is available.  Good luck with your search.  BW Lena

From: Disaster Resilience [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fatima Ejekki
Sent: 22 March 2012 23:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for a job

Dear All,

First of all, let me introduce myself to you. My name is Fatima Ejekki, from Morocco and currently a full time student at the Master level studying global development and social justice at St. John's University, which is a distance learning program. I have been working on a research project since February 2009, which will come to its end by the end of this year at Al Akhawayn University in Morocco titled "Using Demand Side Management to Adapt to Water Scarcity and Climate Change in the Saiss Basin" funded by the International Development Research Center (IDRC) of Canada and the UK Department for International Development (DFID) as social scientist. I am taking the social aspect of the project, which requires a lot of work in the field to collect data, to talk to people in villages about how they should use water in their farms more efficiently, taking into account what the whole world is experiencing in terms of climate change. The current project that I am working on was chosen to be published in the International Development Research Center’s annual report (IDRC), which is our funding agency. My name appeared in this publication doing field work in one of the project’s sites. Here is the link: http://www.idrc.ca/uploads/user-S/12888142041Saiss_story.pdf.

Recently, I was accepted among other international students to be a pro bono member of the Legal Research Group (natural resources team) in Sustainable Development Law, which is a joint initiative between the Center for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL) at McGill University and the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) in Rome. Members of the legal research group conduct legal research from anywhere in the world, write or edit publications, and provide peer review and advice for other members in their areas of interest.

I am contacting you to check if you know of any job openings anywhere in the world that I can apply for.

I am attaching a copy of my CV for your consideration.

Thank you very much for taking time to read my email.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Fatima Ejekki
Social Scientist
Morocco
Tel: + (212) 615 668545

- The Disaster Resilience list aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the complex term, resilience; and to identify the key dimensions of resilience across a range of disciplines and domains. - The creation of this list is linked to the FP7 project, emBRACE: Building Resilience Amongst Communities in Europe www.embrace-eu.org - emBRACE is jointly co-ordinated by Prof Debby Sapir (Universite Catholique De Louvain) and Dr Maureen Fordham (Northumbria University) - This DISASTER-RESILIENCE discussion list was launched on 13 October 2011, International Day for Disaster Reduction http://www.unisdr.org/2011/iddr/. The List is managed by Maureen Fordham, John Twigg and Hugh Deeming - The emBRACE project has received funding from the European Community‘s Seventh Framework Programme FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement n° 283201. The European Community is not liable for any use that may be made of the information shared on this list.