Hi All,

I was looking for some advice about how other institutions support students with Aspergers.  Over the past few years, our numbers of Aspergers students have steadily increased.  We are very aware that we could improve the support provided to these students, particularly during the first few weeks of term.  Obviously we use the DSA as much as we can to provide support but we were looking for more effective ways of supporting students socially and with tasks such as learning to use the washing machine etc.

Would anyone be willing to share any information about buddy schemes etc that they operate for this purpose and how they have set this up?  Have you accessed any external funding to assist with setting this up?

We are very keen to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Catherine

Catherine Perrett

Disability Caseworker

Student Support Services

Keir Hardie Building
Swansea University
Singleton Park
Swansea

SA2 8PP

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 01792 602000

Fax: 01792 295090

www.swansea.ac.uk

The contents of this email are confidential and for the intended recipient only.  If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender and delete the message.  Swansea University Student Services makes every possible effort to ensure that the information and advice it provides is up-to-date and accurate, but accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions, and reserves the right to make changes without notice.

Catherine Perrett

Gweithiwr Achos Anabledd
Gwasanaethau Cefnogi Myfyrwyr
Adeilad Keir Hardie
Prifysgol Abertawe
Parc Singleton
Abertawe

SA2 8PP

E-bost: [log in to unmask]

Ffôn: 01792 602000

Fax: 01792 295090

www.abertawe.ac.uk

Mae cynnwys yr ebost hwn yn gyfrinachol a dim ond y derbynnydd a fwriadwyd a ddylai ei ddarllen.  Os ydych wedi cael yr ebost hwn drwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod I’r anfonydd a delewch y neges.  Mae Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr Prifysgol Abertawe yn gwneud pob ymdrech bosibl i sicrhau bod yr wybodaeth a’r cyngor y mae’n ei roi yn gyfoes ac yn gywir, ond nid yw’n derbyn atebolrwydd cyfreithiol am wallau nac am unrhyw beth a hepgorwyd, ac mae’n cadw’r hawl i wneud newidiadau heb rybudd.

cid:image001.jpg@01CBBD62.6AADF0A0