Hi Antoine,

first a minor point: dcam:Description is already removed as RDF class,
that was wrong in the first draft. dcam:DescriptionSet as a class would
be subclass of rdf11:Graph, or however the RDF working group will call a
graph (hopefully there will be a class to identify graphs...)

Having said that, I think we are really on the same line here. A
DescriptionSet is a (named) graph and not an artifical additional layer,
that is introduced. And my main motivation to introduce
dcam:DescriptionSet as a class is that I can talk about DescriptionSets
and create statements with a DescriptionSet as a subject, this is a
requirement for metadata provenance. This is in line with best practices
in RDF, and  it makes IMHO things clearer for people who are not deeply
involved with RDF.

Noone will be forced to use DescriptionSets generally, there is no
notion that a Dublin Core statement has to be part of a DescriptionSet.
But it can.

Admittedly, this does only make full sense with the upcoming RDF
version. Without a proper notion of a named graph in RDF, we could still
introduce these classes, but there would remain a gap that is only
bridged by best-practice, i.e. that we provide statements under an URL
and just say that "URL a dcam:DescriptionSet".

Cheers,

Kai

--
Kai Eckert