 All

fwiw, RDA has a role for Production company, but does not put it in its
list of "creators"; it's in "other", which is equivalent to
dct:contributor.

MARC relators do not include Production company, and the role seems to be
associated with individual persons (Producer), not corporate bodies.

[I tried to create a github account to add this comment, but there was an
unidentified "problem".]

Cheers

Gordon

On 09 March 2012 at 16:40 Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I looked at github and didn't see where to make comments, so i'll do so
> here and maybe someone can add it to github for me...
>
> re: schema:productionCompany rdfs:subPropertyOf dct:creator
>
> I would contact a film expert to determine if production companies are
> seen as publishers/funders or as creators.
>
> kc
>
> On 3/9/12 7:15 AM, Thomas Baker wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The process of finalizing a set of mappings from DCMI Metadata Terms to
> > Schema.org has been stalled.  I have been the bottleneck for this,
inasmuch I
> > strongly feel we should have a well-functioning issue tracking and
publication
> > workflow in place before taking final decisions on the mappings
themselves.  We
> > decided in January to use the issue tracker of Git, but I haven't found
the
> > time to get my head around how this would work in practice.
> >
> > Specifically, we need a way to collect issues about individual mappings
in a
> > structured way without trying to do this on the dc-architecture list.
After
> > we decide on the mappings, we need a way to collect comments from the
public
> > in a structured way so that we can mark mappings for reconsideration in
light
> > of better understanding.
> >
> > Thanks to Jon, I have set up a Github account for DCMI [1], which Kai
and Corey
> > have graciously volunteered to help maintain.  Thanks to Jon again, the
draft
> > mappings have been published in Git as well as on the wiki [2].
> >
> > Corey has offered to lead the way on using Git for issue tracking by
entering
> > some into [1] and explaining how our use of the tracker will work.  I
have several
> > issues of detail with the mappings, but here is one to get us started:
> >
> >      Proposed:
> >          schema:about owl:equivalentProperty dct:subject
> >      Tom says:
> >          The relation should be subPropertyOf because the domain of
schema:about is more restricted.

http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Schema.org_Alignment/Mappings_Details