Dear all,

The process of finalizing a set of mappings from DCMI Metadata Terms to
Schema.org has been stalled.  I have been the bottleneck for this, inasmuch I
strongly feel we should have a well-functioning issue tracking and publication
workflow in place before taking final decisions on the mappings themselves.  We
decided in January to use the issue tracker of Git, but I haven't found the
time to get my head around how this would work in practice.

Specifically, we need a way to collect issues about individual mappings in a
structured way without trying to do this on the dc-architecture list.  After
we decide on the mappings, we need a way to collect comments from the public
in a structured way so that we can mark mappings for reconsideration in light
of better understanding.

Thanks to Jon, I have set up a Github account for DCMI [1], which Kai and Corey
have graciously volunteered to help maintain.  Thanks to Jon again, the draft
mappings have been published in Git as well as on the wiki [2].

Corey has offered to lead the way on using Git for issue tracking by entering
some into [1] and explaining how our use of the tracker will work.  I have several
issues of detail with the mappings, but here is one to get us started:

    Proposed:
        schema:about owl:equivalentProperty dct:subject
    Tom says:
        The relation should be subPropertyOf because the domain of schema:about is more restricted.

I have posted a Doodle poll at [3] to find a time in early April for a call,
by which time we hopefully will have been able to sort out the practicalities
of issue tracking and publication on this list...

Tom

[1] https://github.com/dcmi
[2] http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Schema.org_Alignment/Mappings_Details
[3] http://www.doodle.com/6qwfqtvcg6nk2ghr