I’d like to be included on your mailing list.

Cheers

John Meudell

From: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adonia Lugo
Sent: 23 March 2012 06:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Introducing Bicicultures Email List

Hi all,
A few U.S.-based scholars who have been participating in the Cycling & Society email discussion for several years thought it would be useful to start a similar network for the Americas. "Bicicultures" is a new email list for researchers who are interested in studying bicycling cultures and theory as a lens through which to think about issues of urban living, sustainability, mobilities, design, transportation, recreation, and other cultural concerns.

A quick note on the name: "bicicultures" is a way of acknowledging that many of us are participants in the bike movement/ bike culture ("bici" is a Spanish slang term for bike), while the plural "cultures" recognizes that bicycling has multiple meanings across different communities.

Through the Bicicultures list, we hope to foster intellectual interaction, collaboration and exchange between scholars from multiple disciplines such as urban planners, transportation planners, designers, anthropologists, sociologists, and geographers, as well as interdisciplinary scholars. We want to foster a space where interviews, flānerie, and activism can produce knowledge alongside more quantitative methods.

If you are interested in joining, please respond to me directly and I will send you an invitation to the list.

Thanks!
Adonia E. Lugo
---
Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology