LONDON GROUP OF HISTORICAL GEOGRAPHERS

Seminar Programme, Summer Term 2012

15th May 2012 in Bedford Room, G37, Senate House

Konstantin Dierks (Indiana University and Rothermere American Institute, University of Oxford)

"America's global imaginaries, 1776-1869: Geography as a handmaiden to nation, or empire?"

22nd May 2012 in ST273, Stewart House

Daniel Whittall (Royal Holloway, University of London)

"Creolising London?  Caribbean activists and the geographies of race and empire in 1930s Britain"

29th May 2012 in Bedford Room, G37, Senate House

Frances Steel (University of Wollongong)

"Cruising Oceania: Sea transport and island tourism in the age of steam"

These seminars are held on Tuesdays at 5pm at or near Senate House, University of London.  For further details, or to have your name added to our e-mail list, please contact David Lambert, University of Warwick ([log in to unmask]) or Miles Ogborn, Queen Mary, University of London ([log in to unmask]).  We are grateful to the Historical Geography Research Group of the RGS-IBG, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Kings, UCL, the Open University, Birkbeck and the IHR for supporting this series.

All are welcome.

Best wishes,

David

* * *

Dr David Lambert
Reader of Caribbean History, Department of History, University of Warwick
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/cas/staff/lambert <http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/cas/staff/lambert>