Disclaimer... decided to use the word 'mad'; hope this is PC with all !!!

There have been interesting past discussions on the social constuction of madness via the DSM  ie.making you think you are mad when you're not.

I would be interested in anyone's views/ links to writings  on actual madness/ psychological distress being intentionally cultivated via the media in order to disorientate and control ie.making you feel mad when you would normally feel ok, maybe resulting in inability to think straight and make good decisions... (and maybe 'buy products', or 'go indoors and stop making a fuss').

people can be so humble ...  they often doubt their own sanity before questioning the sanity of their 'leaders'

maybe we don't like to face the idea that our 'leaders' may be 'mad' themselves (even though we joke about it)

but what if they really were? (how about obsessional gold hoarding disorder maybe that could maybe make it into the DSM with our support!)

To be 'resilient', people will need a new gameplan than trying to be 'good' and 'follow the leader'

I look forward to any of your comments