My cataloguers' wiki is viewable by anyone. I think this is one of the reasons I've never ventured into using it to host our training documents and internal policies (being too embarrassed that we might have got things wrong!). wikispaces defaults to public access; private has to be paid for and I've never had the courage to ask my institution to pay!

Lynne

http://cataloguers.wikispaces.com/

________________________________

From: David Watson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thu 29/03/2012 12:44
To: Lynne Dyer
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Setting up a Wiki advice?

Talking of setting up internal Wikis, has anyone ever attempted or
proposed setting up an externally accessable cataloguers wiki?

For instance, BIALL for law librarians has a 'how do I wiki'?
http://biallpr.pbworks.com/w/page/5259189/How%20do%20I . Admittedly
I'd tend to trust my colleagues over it, but if you were a solo
librarian I imagine it would be a great help. Perhaps cataloguing is
too bespopke to have a wiki like that, but for general advice it may
be very helpful.

David Watson