From:   Claire Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date:   29/03/2012 16:15
Subject:        Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Getting management on board
Sent by:        CIG E-Forum <[log in to unmask]>

I would also echo what others are saying, in that anyone can use social
media for work purposes, we just have to remember the different audiences.

I think that cataloguers get to see a lot of (if not all?) the material
whereas front line staff may only see what is borrowed by readers. I think
this puts cataloguers in a unique position to showcase the material that
the library has that may otherwise be hidden away. That's what I would
really like to do for my department. We are legal deposit so get anything
and everything. With a lot of it, unless we promote it who will know it's
there?