From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dipankar Manna
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] How to reduce R factor

Dear Crystallographers,

Can anybody guide me how to reduce R-factor, means which are the basic parameters I have to look for to reduce the R-factor during refinement. I am newly learning the refinement. After running molrep R-factor is around 53% (100% identity), after rigid body refinement its showing around 49% and after restrained refinement its showing around 47%. Highest resolution is 2.5A.

Regards

Dipankar

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Visit us at http://www.aurigene.com