De : CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] de la part de David Briggs [[log in to unmask]]
Date d'envoi : lundi 12 mars 2012 21:10
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : [ccp4bb] Envelope Phasing.

Hi CCP4bb,

I would like to ask about "envelope phasing" - specifically with SAXS data.

There are papers (1) and tutorials (2) describing how this might be
done, but I have also found comments on the ccp4bb, such as this one
(http://www.proteincrystallography.org/ccp4bb/message11690.html) which
are somewhat less optimistic.

I get the impression from my reading around that SAXS envelope phasing
is somewhat difficult to do unless you have some NCS you can use to
help the phase extension process. Does anybody have any
opinions/evidence/examples/anecdotes/tips about how SAXS envelope
phasing can be done successfully?

Cheers,

Dave

(1) - eg - http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?dz5081
(2) - eg - http://www.phaser.cimr.cam.ac.uk/index.php/Using_Electron_Density_as_a_Model

David C. Briggs PhD
Father, Structural Biologist and Sceptic
University of Manchester E-mail:
Webs : http://flavors.me/xtaldave
Twitter: @xtaldave
Skype: DocDCB