Hi,

You could try to lower the threshold used to contour the maps for these
side-chains (middle mouse "button" if you have a 3 button mouse with a
wheel in the middle). Quite often such side chains have lowish electron
density that does not appear at (say) 1.0 or 1.5 sigma (in the 2mFo-DFc
maps), but that appears at (say) 0.7 sigma. If you delete such
side-chain atoms you'll probably end up with negative difference density
appearing in the difference Fourier after the next round of refinement.
So these residues must be checked individually, much work I know...

"To delete or not to delete, that is the question".

Fred.