Dear Kavya,

I would trust the authors of such programs (ccp4-, phenix-,
shelx-collection et al.) to only release new versions of their programs
if they believe that version is an improvement over the previous version
;-) and generally use the latest version of their programs.

You can get the latest version of refmac5 from Garib Murshudov's web
site (http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~garib/refmac/latest_refmac.html) and
copy the binary into the binary directory of you ccp4-6.2.0 installation.

When you run refmac, the header lists the program version so you can
check that your environment picked up the correct version.

Best wishes,
Tim

On 03/19/12 11:10, Kavyashree M wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I was using Refmac 5.5.0102 (ccp4- 6.1.2) for refining the structures, I was
> supposed to do one more round
> of refinement with final model but unfortunately system crashed and i had to
> install the new version of ccp4
> (6.2.0) which has refmac-5.6.0117. So my doubt here is - can I do the refinement
> of the final model with this
> version of refmac or do I need to complete with the older version itself?
>
> I however tried replacing the older version of refmac in place of new refmac.
> But the job failed while running
> (in the new interface) with an error message
> " ERROR: number of monomers > 3000 /lib. limit/
> Change parameter MAXMLIST in "lib_com.fh"
>
> Do i need to use the old interface itself or can i use the new interface to run
> old refmac binary? Kindly provide
> some suggestion.
>
> Thanking you
> With Regards