From: CampusPack UK Usergroup [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jo Bruce (ITCS)
Sent: 01 March 2012 16:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CP4 and data protection

Hi Everyone,

We still have CampusPack 3 on Bb 9.1 (though it doesn’t work very well) but were planning an evaluation of CampusPack4.

However, before we even put it on our test server we need to assure ourselves that the new hosted solution meets with the necessary criteria for UK data protection purposes.

And my understanding of data protection is where third parties, such as CampusPack are hosting personal data –  the data would need to be on servers in one of a number of certain countries within Europe (I think the correct term might be the Europe Economic Area).

Our Data Protection Officer would also want to see a copy of the contract to make sure that certain statements are contained within it that are legal requirements from a UK data protection point of view.

Where do I find out this information?  And what have other institutions done to ensure that data protection legislation is not contravened?

I’d be really interested to hear back from the CampusPack people and any other institutions who have already been through this process.

Apologies if this has come up before, I’m sure many of you must be much further on in your thinking than us!

Thanks

Jo

Jo Bruce
Learning Technologist
University of East Anglia

01603 593237
Twitter: jobruce

Virtual office: http://tinyurl.com/jobruce

Technology Enhanced Learning @ UEA
http://www.uea.ac.uk/is/lt/
My working days are Mon, Wed & Thur

- Scanned With Webroot -

HRD12

Find out more today!

Think before you print - save energy and paper

Visit the CIPD website This email (and any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. It may contain personal views which are not the views of The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and its subsidiaries unless specifically stated. You may use and apply the information only for the intended purpose and if you have received it in error, it must be deleted and the sender notified. Please note that CIPD monitors emails sent and received; further communication will signify your consent to this. All content shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, 151 The Broadway, London, SW19 1JQ. Incorporated by Royal Charter. Registered charity number 1079797. CIPD Enterprises Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the CIPD, incorporated in England under registered number 2921009 and having its registered office at 151 The Broadway, as above. Bridge Management Training Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the CIPD, incorporated in England under registered number 02455943 and having its registered office at 5/7 The Avenue, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 9AA.