Dear Lists

Apologies for cross posting / duplication.

To repeat Peter Philpott's Laurie Duggan quote from earlier today, "It’s a good thing that poetry needn’t always necessitate a trip to London", and here's some proof in a festival at which Laurie himself will be reading. Love to see you there if you can make it. The sun has shone on the last three Jams, and there's always plenty of conviviality as well as great poetry.

Please contact me BC or Lyndon Davies, my co-organiser, for further details, or for a colour pdf of the flyer for publicity purposes: Lyn is at [log in to unmask] and I'm [log in to unmask]  And, please, spread the word ...

John

4TH HAY POETRY JAMBOREE

      7TH – 9TH JUNE 2012

ORIEL GALLERY

Salem Chapel, Bell Bank, Hay-on-Wye

THURSDAY 7th June

6.30

Reception and Festival Launch.

7.30 – 9.15

Andrea Brady and John Powell Ward.

FRIDAY 8th June

11.00 – 12.00 noon

Stephen Hitchins, Jeremy Hilton, Waterloo Press presentation (Simon Jenner and David Pollard).

2.00 – 4.00

Harry Gilonis, Caroline Goodwin, Laurie Duggan, Philip Terry.

5.00 – 6.00

The Hay Jam Lecture: Andrew Duncan - ‘Port of Souls’: or, Landscape, Inheritance, Myth.

7.30 – 9.15

Harriet Tarlo and Peter Larkin

SATURDAY 9th June

11.00 – 12.00 noon

David Greenslade, Keith Hackwood

2.00 – 4.00

Jeff Hilson, Nerys Williams, Tim Atkins, Sophie Robinson

7.30 – 9.15

Ulli Freer and Tony Lopez

Plus: Art in the Chapel: Nervous Energy in collaboration with the Elysium Gallery present ‘From Womb to Tomb, from Paradise to Purgatory’.

Entrance to 7.30 events £5.00 (concessions £3.00)

Entrance to all other events £2.00 (concessions £1.00)

Hay Poetry Jamboree all events ticket £20.00 (concessions £10.00)

Supported by: Llenyddiaeth Cymru / Literature Wales: Poetry Wales: Swansea University CREW (Centre for Research into the English Language and Literature of Wales); Waterloo Press.

Patrons: Allen Fisher and Marjorie Perloff