Part 4 of a four part series on the state of India's archives

The Parsis, Once India's Curators, Now Shrug as History Rots - NYTimes.com
In the course of over one year of archival research in India, I have been
heartened to see how, in a few institutions like the National Archives, the
country’s rotting history now has a fighting chance of survival. However, I
have been deeply dismayed by one observation: the inability of my own
community, the Parsis, to properly protect our own history and heritage. In
many ways, the Parsi experience reflects a colossal stumbling block toward
proper historical preservation in India: a dearth of public activism,
support and interest, even amongst the educated and affluent.

 http://nyti.ms/GJ5Kpl

Source:
http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/the-parsis-once-indias-curators-now-shrug-as-history-rots/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://nyti.ms/GJ5Kpl+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va