Dear Colleagues,
On behalf of the JISC and RLUK Discovery initiative, I am pleased to announce the first of our Discovery workshops, a Licensing Clinic, taking place May 9th. We have a limited number of places, but we very much hope the archival community will be strongly represented.  More information follows below.
----------

You are invited to book your place on the next Discovery Licensing Clinic:
•    Date – Wednesday 9th May
•    Time – 1030 for 1100 till 1530
•    Location –
Maple House, central Birmingham [Directions to Maple House, PDF]
•    Book your place(s) –
http://discoverylicensingclinic09052012.eventbrite.co.uk

The Discovery Licensing Clinic is a free event which is designed for 15 delegates to consider practical responses to the Discovery open licensing principles (http://discovery.ac.uk/businesscase/principles/). It will offer an opportunity to demystify licensing options, to consider their differing purposes, and to discuss the range of tactics that institutions might adopt in scoping metadata releases and making the associated licensing decisions.

Who should attend – Managers and decision makers in libraries, archives and museums who are responsible for collections and discovery services or interested in establishing the foundations for future service developments.

Approach – Working round the table, the Clinic will undertake a step-by-step analysis, hopefully enabling attendees to come away with a feasible action plan.

Delegates are encouraged to bring any materials for discussion or guidance, which can be covered in open sessions or in one-to-one dialogue with the experts present:
Francis Davey – Barrister
Naomi Korn - Copyright Consultant
Paul Miller - Cloud of Data

Please visit the Eventbrite page for the full programme and to book your place: http://discoverylicensingclinic09052012.eventbrite.com/. Please note that this event is strictly limited to 15 places so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment. Feel free to pass this invite on to any of your colleagues who may be interested in attending.

You have received this email because you are on our circulation list for Discovery events. If you would like to unsubscribe from these emails at any point in the future simply send an email to [log in to unmask] with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject field.

Sincerely,

Joy Palmer

Archives Hub, Senior Manager

Mimas, University of Manchester