Thanks Rebecca for both the correction and clarification.

Cogently put. The example given in the Coleman case is the nub of the issue.  Is the person concerned treated any less favourably on account of their association with a disabled person.

However, I suspect that this will not clarify the issue

DennisB

Dennis Bartholomew | Equality and Diversity Officer | The Equality and Diversity Office
The University of Reading | Tel: +44 (0) 118 378 7306 |

http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/humanresources/equality |follow_me-a.png @DBatReading