There is a Paper being produced jointly by the Dept of Health, College and
Work Force Planning looking at the future. I believe it should be out next
month and I'm fairly sure it will have something to say on this.

Ray McGlone

From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James McFetrich
Sent: 19 March 2012 14:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Consultant 24/7 working

I am part of a group looking at 24/7 EM consultant working in our Trust.
This will probably be with 24(ish) of us.

I am guessing this is fairly unique, and there are a whole host of questions
that we need to work through. So far I have filled 3 sides of A4
brainstorming it before I can even get to understanding what the rota looks
like.

I would be really interested to hear the forums thoughts on this, especially
anyone with experience or contemplating anything similar.

Although we are nervous about what this may bring, if we are to go down this
line I am sure many others will follow over the next decade and our
negotiations will be really important to getting the right package to do
this so it is acceptable to us and to future consultants.

All advice gratefully received. Cross-posted on DNUK.

Cheers,

James